The Clever Travel Guide to Keeping Your Valuables Safe June 11 2015, 0 Comments
Some simple tips for keeping your valuables safe.
Don't be a victim of pickpockets
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in a pocket
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm
- Don't display jewellery
- Don't show your money - keep it safely in a pocket out of sight
- Don't leave valuable items unattended on a train when you visit the toilet or buffet car
- If you are going to fall asleep do not leave valuables in view, keep them hidden
Protect your phone, tablets and gadgets
- Install a tracker application on your phone and tablet devices, which could help trace them in the event of a theft.
- Stay alert and aware of what's going on around you when using your phone in public.
- Keep a record of the unique reference number (IMEI) on your phone or tablet. To get this on your phone, dial *#06#. For tablets, check your settings or consult your user manual.
- Always use your phone's security lock or PIN number.
- Use a UV property marker to write your post code and house number on valuable possessions.
Keep your luggage safe
- Try to keep luggage close by and in view and check on your bags regularly.
- Remove valuables from your luggage before placing it in luggage racks or in overhead storage compartments.
- Don't leave valuable items unattended on a train when you visit the toilet or buffet car.
- If you are going to sleep on a train, do not leave valuables in view on the table or seat next to you. Keep them hidden.
- Ensure any bags placed on the on the floor are in front of you so that any movement of the bag will be noticeable.
Of course, the simplest tip of all is zipping your stuff inside a hidden Clever Travel Companion pocket!