Assassins throughout history use public commotion and spectacles to their advantage. While the entertained crowd is enjoying the festivities, they slip unnoticed and hit their targets. Even public figures were assassinated in public during important events because they were simply out in the open.
Pickpockets certainly learned a thing or two from assassins, which is why the next tactic is one we like to call The Young Assassin. Their diversion tactics are usually over the top because it can give them the highest yield or basically leave a target completely off guard.
The Assassin at Work
Assassin pickpockets use the lure of young street performers. When a crowd gathers around a particularly entertaining performance, pickpockets get busy lifting wallets, pieces of jewelry, watches, and phones from spectators. The performers may or may not be accomplices to the pickpockets.
Some pickpockets will bring the performance to you. Their accomplices that play the part of child or teenage performers will surround you in the street, giving you no easy way out. Some performers may even pick a spectator from the crowd to take part in their performance. A multi-tasking pickpocket sometimes is the performer themselves.
Protecting Yourself from the Assassin
What can you do to avoid losing your valuables in situations like these? Prevention is the key.
- Movements made against bags often go unnoticed. Keep your bag as close to your body as possible and make sure to keep every opening closed and secure.
- Do not keep all your money in one place. You can stash them in pickpocket proof gear containing secret pockets. For instance, you can wear this scarf? while traveling to keep your hands free and your mind at ease.
- If traveling with someone, keep your bags facing each other or watch each other’s belongings as much as you can.
- Wear traveler-friendly clothing lined with secret pockets that are hard to open. The Clever Travel Companion carries the most comfortable and durable 100% pickpocket proof clothes. You can choose from a variety of shirts and dresses, windbreakers, underwear and leggings, or a scarf.
- Politely decline from participating in street performances and avoid watching from a crowded view. Choose a less crowded position or come back later when there are fewer people.
- When street performances are unavoidable, make a mental note of your possessions. Keep your arms and hands as close to your body or your bag as possible without being obvious.
- Keep calm when traveling. A nervous traveler usually has too much on their mind and cannot focus on their surroundings. A relaxed traveler, however, can easily notice small details and can easily feel slight touches made against them.
The Clever Travel Companion
Most travelers, with no option but to move hands-free, find it difficult to guard their valuables. That is why we, at the Clever Travel Companion, expanded our collection from underwear with secret pockets to clothes that are smartly lined with secret compartments. The designs are so simple and neat to avoid calling attention to the wearer. No one but the wearer would know what they are carrying. If you want to check out which clothes best suit your needs and lifestyle, check the shop now.