The Clever Travel Companion Updates
40 Top Tourist Scams December 29 2018, 0 Comments
We are all aware that scams and thieves, no matter where you may be in the world, target tourists. They're continually evolving their methods for beating new prevention gear and for ripping off unsuspecting travelers, sometimes with dire consequences.
Below is an infographic from justtheflight .co.uk that outlines the top, most used and most effective scams to watch out for to ensure you don't become a victim.
Of course, the most effective method of keeping your valuables safe from harm is to put The Clever Travel Companion's gear to use.
How to ski (longer) for less November 25 2018, 0 CommentsSkiing is an expensive hobby. Not only do you need what is always needed for any kind of vacation, somewhere to stay and a way to get to your destination, but you also need tons of equipment and lift tickets the cost adds up very quickly. Especially if you travel as a family with kids. Thankfully, there are ways around some of the worst costs.
The Clever Travel Guide to Keeping Your Valuables Safe October 02 2018, 0 Comments
Some simple tips for keeping your valuables safe.
Don't be a victim of pickpockets
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in a pocket
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm
- Don't display jewellery
- Don't show your money - keep it safely in a pocket out of sight
- Don't leave valuable items unattended on a train when you visit the toilet or buffet car
- If you are going to fall asleep do not leave valuables in view, keep them hidden
Protect your phone, tablets and gadgets
- Install a tracker application on your phone and tablet devices, which could help trace them in the event of a theft.
- Stay alert and aware of what's going on around you when using your phone in public.
- Keep a record of the unique reference number (IMEI) on your phone or tablet. To get this on your phone, dial *#06#. For tablets, check your settings or consult your user manual.
- Always use your phone's security lock or PIN number.
- Use a UV property marker to write your post code and house number on valuable possessions.
Keep your luggage safe
- Try to keep luggage close by and in view and check on your bags regularly.
- Remove valuables from your luggage before placing it in luggage racks or in overhead storage compartments.
- Don't leave valuable items unattended on a train when you visit the toilet or buffet car.
- If you are going to sleep on a train, do not leave valuables in view on the table or seat next to you. Keep them hidden.
- Ensure any bags placed on the on the floor are in front of you so that any movement of the bag will be noticeable.
Of course, the simplest tip of all is zipping your stuff inside a hidden Clever Travel Companion pocket!