Some Interesting Pickpocket Statistics February 09 2016, 0 Comments
- There were over 1700 reported incidents of pick pocketing during the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
- An estimated 600,000 pick pocketing incidents occur in the United Kingdom every year.
- In 2009, Barcelona reported over six thousand pick pocketing incidents.
- Thirty-three percent of all claims in regards to travel insurance are for items that have been lost or stolen.
Over 400,000 pick pocketing incidents occur in the world each and every single day.
The top five cities for pick pocketing occurrences are as follows: Barcelona, Rome, Prague, Madrid, and Paris.
- Avoid keeping your wallet in either of your rear pockets. As you may or may not know, your rear pockets are an easy target for even a novice pick pocket.
- When you find yourself in a large crowd, try to maintain at least some awareness of your personal belongings. Don't let yourself get too distracted.
- Children and senior citizens should not be automatically disqualified on the basis of their age or appearance.
- Keep in mind that a pick pocket rarely operates alone. They are generally going to be working in groups.
- If you're in a confined space or a passageway of some kind, try to remain vigilant.
Try to keep the contents of your purse or wallet down to the absolute essentials. This is something that can not only make it easier to find what you need, but it can also protect you from becoming a victim of pick pocketing
When you're out and about in the world, stay safe.